Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting over again

The New Year always seems like a good place to start anew to do/fix all the  things that need to be done. I don't make resolutions but I do look forward to fresh starts.
In spite of thinking I was  back to normal after my one day stay in the hospital I realize this morning that I have not be feeling as good as I could. This morning I am feeling so much better that I can really tell the difference. It always takes me a couple of days of mostly sleeping to get back not feeling like "my get up and go got up and went". It's back this morning and that is a good way to start the new year.
 In between all my naps I tackled my Jelly Roll. I worked on it a little at a time and it is now ready for our race next Saturday. First I opened it up and separated the strips in stacks in the way I would sew it together. I showed that in my last post. I decided  I would add spacers of Kona Cotton Bone in between the strips and I knew if I added them all first I would have the order of things messed up so I did it as I went along and I trimmed off the corners at the joining, finger pressed and continued.
After I finished one stack I would go to the ironing board and press and then rolled it up around a cardboard paper towel roll. That kept it manageable as I went along. I let it rest for a while while I took a nap and then I stretched it out on my bed so I could find the two ends and I pinned them together. I did remember to cut off 18 inches. I accordion folded the whole thing in a stack and put  a selvage band around it and I am ready for the race.

Before Christmas as I was searching for something  I pulled out some things from my boxes of fabric and made some rolls of things to cut up and use or get rid of. No pics of that today but I will tell you that when you first start out it is hard to purge but when you run out of space to sort you get more ruthless. This is going to take some time because it is boring and tiring and I am not going to push myself.  I will say that I have gotten pretty ruthless already and that's not easy for me.  (pun intended).
I wish everyone a happy, healthy,and blessed New Year,
Ruth

No comments: