Friday, July 2, 2010

Quilt Camp Day 5

Today was our final day of Quilt Camp. We accomplished all that we intended. There was only a little sewing left to be finished on the machines and then everyone spent the day tying their quilts. The kids helped each other to get it all done and then there was a pizza party for lunch. After lunch there were a few more ties to finish up and then everyone pitched in to get the room cleaned up and back in order. the kids helped carry all the supplies down stairs and back where they belong in the quilt group closet All the stuff the adults brought was down and ready to take out to the cars. We ended the day with cupcakes and a photo session and showed off the quilts for the moms when they came to pick up the kids.

The   photo  on the left is of all the kids with their own quilts.  For some reason, known only to the kids, some of them switched quilts for the second photo. They were all wound up in high spirits by the time we got ready to shoot the pics. The second photo has the adults in the back row. Betty is sitting on the end and Beth, me and Kim are standing on the left; Debbie is second from the right in the back row. Debbie  is a fairly new quilter herself. Missing from the group picture is Cathy who had another commitment today but whose help was invaluable the other 4 days.
Kim took these pictures and many more but I don't have them yet. My own photos are not very good so when I get some more of Kim's I will post them.  I think we had a good week. This was a big commitment time wise for the adults but I think we all felt is was worth the effort. My own thoughts are "where else could I have so much fun all week'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to go to quilt camp as a kid. I would love to go now. Maybe some year I can help out too. Congratualtions. <