Thursday, March 29, 2012

Caught up

I didn't do much else today but I finished the blocks for my Friendship group. I got behind because I missed 2 months and I couldn't go ahead with them because 3 of the recipients had passed out fabric with their requests and I just got the fabric last Saturday.
The top row is the one I finished yesterday. Sue supplied the black fabric for the blocks in the second row. It was the most time consuming because I agonized forever over all of the other fabric choices.  I have enough 2 1/2 inch squares and matching triangles to make a few more blocks with the fabrics I decided not to use after all. Once I made up my mind about the fabric they went together pretty fast. Sue requested that we not square them up because she wants to do them all herself. Smart Girl!
Maryann gave us the fabric for her blocks and a picture of how to lay them out so it was easy. No decisions at all to make.
For the blocks in the 4th row I  had to choose three different Christmas fabrics. Linda gave us the white fabric and she had marked the diagonal line on the wrong side of the fabric. That was good because it would have been easy to mix up the right and wrong sides as it is white on white.
It is good to get all caught up and now I am ready for our Friendship meeting next week. 

No comments: