Sunday, March 15, 2020

Cleaning Up and Cleaning Out

I have been busy since my last post but not the  progress is going slowly, especially cleaning out the things I am never going to use.  I have to move things out of my sewing room in order to make space to work and then at the end of the day I have to move them back in again so we can go to bed. However little by little the stack of things that have to go is growing. The more time I spend trying to make more usable space the more things I am willing to part with. I have a stack of quilting books that I look through from time to time but will never use again. There is fabric that I am never going to use, some old, some very recently purchased. Yesterday I went through 2 boxes of log cabin strips and thought about how labor intensive log cabin blocks can be and came to the conclusion  that I don't ever want to make another log can quilt. I think I am picking up steam as I go along. I have some other boxes on hard to reach shelves that I need to tackle. If they are up high they are hardly ever used and probably need to go. The box of "Odd Blocks" and my  "Parts Department" box is hard to let go  as is all of my scraps. After all, no one is going to appreciate them as much as I do. This is the kind of thinking that has led to my present dilemma.

In order to make letting go of things I went to the quilt shop last week and I bought 8 fat quarters. I wanted something new and pretty. I was hoping to find a bundle or a layer cake or Jellyroll but I settled for these 8 fat quarters.
I can't believe it was so hard to find something I wanted to buy.

One nice thing about the trip to the quilt shop; there was a group of several people sitting  in a half circle watching a demo. I knew every one of them and it had been many years since I had seen some of them.






Tomorrow, Jack will be starting 5 radiation treatments,every other day for 10 days, for lung cancer.  We are optimistic about the outcome but we have concern about going to the Cleveland Clinic at this time because of the Corona virus. I called and asked if they were recommending whether to postpone treatments and they said they were not. The woman I talked to listed all of the extra precautions they were taking, in addition to the the usual precautions. I felt reassured and we will be going ahead.
We are trusting Almighty God to see us through, what ever happens, Please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

kathyf said...

Hi, I have been thinking about you and hoping you find some fun things to do during this crazy time. Stay well.

Peggy said...

I would love to have your box of odd blocks to make quilts for my Prayers and Squares group at church. We gift quilts to those facing major medical issues. Just finished one for. 55 year old man who was just diagnosed with ALS. Prayers for your husband. Peggy in SC