Monday, June 15, 2020

Life just got easier



I got a package in the mail today and my life just got a little bit easier. Last Friday I spent an hour looking for my keys. I was finally convinced I lost them outside when I went back for the rest of my grocery order.  Jack found them in about 30 seconds after I quit looking. They were right in the dining room under a silicone hot pad.  Let me say, I did not put them under the hot pad but I must have moved the hot pad for some reason and placed it on top of the keys.

Searching for my keys, among other things, is a regular occurrence and I have been this way  all my life. I don't pay attention to what I am doing so of course there is nothing to remember.

After my keys were found, I went right to my computer and ordered a set of fobs and a remote. They came today and I am impressed. There was a little remote and six fobs along with 6 lithium batteries for the fobs and  6 rings  to attach them. There were also little sticky labels with pictures to put on the remote to identify which button work for which item and some sticky foam pads to attach them to other things that people might misplace, like phones and remotes.  I did have to use my own AAA batteries.

The sound is loud enough to hear if the object for which you are searching is in a purse or under something like a couch cushion.  I should have done this years ago.

Now all I have to do is keep track of the remote..

3 comments:

Fabric Fanatic said...

Gigi, thanks so much for this post....I can't tell you how much time I've spent looking for my keys, but I'm done now. I just ordered this set and will be happy to no longer give up precious HOURS searching. The older I get, the more precious time becomes.

kathyf said...

Well done! It would probably be excessive to put them on scissors! Because I have some vision problems now I put big stickers on my phone and remotes so they don't vanish in low light. I am looking forward to see the result of all those solids you just got.

Dolly said...

Great idea ! Now that a I have a car who's key costs $250. to replace, I SHOULD get one of these ! But because of that cost, I'm USUALLY pretty good about always hanging them either on my belt loops or by the door.

Now my PHONE is a whole 'nuther matter ! I'm constantly having to call my first phone with my second, just to locate it. If the battery ever runs down before I miss it, I'm in trouble.