Saturday, June 6, 2020

A Visit to the Quilt Shop

Thursday I actually went to a local quilt shop, live and in person. My last visit was before everything shut down.  It was a about a half hour drive and Jack came along, just to get out of the house. He didn't even ind waiting in the car for  a while. We took the long way home and enjoyed the scenery and the sunshine.

I am not buying fabric except to use for something for which I am currently working. My stash is down to a very few things that interest me and a ton of scraps and left overs. I decided that I needed light, bright and pretty fabrics for the Framed 9 Patch that is in progress. I found 10 fat quarter prints that would work and one more print half yard and a half yard of a peachy pink solid. I spotted a fabric that has 8 different strips that are just shy of 5 inches wide; a yard of that came home with me too.

These are 8 of the ten prints and the peachy solid. I found 2 more of the prints after I photographed these. I set something on top of it and I then was puzzled about why I thought I had 10 prints. One of the other prints has a light blue background and the other has a white background with multicolored flowers in a larger scale. The pattern is more dense  so the white background is not so evident. I was drawn to the light and airy floral prints and I already had some blocks made with that kind of print. I was concerned that maybe I should have given more thought to what I needed. I have some striped and geometric prints that will round out the mix of scale and density of the prints in the overall look. I think it is going to be OK, if not  I  will figure it out.                                                                              


  

This is the fabric with 8 prints that are 
in strips along the length of the fabric I ought i yard.  I don't plan to use the second from the left in the top photo. It is too anemic looking compared to all the other fabrics that i'm using.


I thought I would not use the two fabrics on the right and left ends but I think they will work out well. I am going to keep the two gray blocks with bright multicolored raindrops (that I showed in my last post)  in the quilt. 






I am not so happy with the changes in Blogger. I don't automatically resist change but when the changes involve taking away something that works and the replacement gives me problems without providing instruction..................... well! It just makes me cranky.😡








No comments: