Friday, May 29, 2020

Finally, A Few More Blocks

I finally got around to making a few more Framed 9 Patch blocks. I've had these cut for a long time but never seemed to have time to get around to sewing them.

 These are the six blocks I finished today. When I have enough fabric I  make 2 blocks with the same prints and different solids.  I want to use fabrics that give the overall look of the whole quilt light and bright. Though the blocks on the right are darker the fabric is pretty and bright.







These are all of the blocks I have so far.
There are 2 blocks from each print except for the top left and the center block in the second row down. I have enough fabric for another blue one but not the other.

















The 2 gray blocks might be too dark but The raindrops are colorful and bright. The fabric is gray with no brown tones but I can't get a photo to show the true color. I will see how they look after I make more blocks.

I am not at all happy with my camera or Picassa or my Windows photo program.



 I am getting cranky from staying home and not having any social interaction with anyone except for a few short visits from family, either through the window or doorway or a few minutes outside.  When your family members are in the health care field they tend to stay away from those of us who are vulnerable. I had a chance to see the one year old and one of the 2 1/2 year old great grand kids for a short visit out in the front yard.  They change so fast a that age, if you don't see them for a while you miss all the fun of the milestones. We also got to attend a Zoom birthday party for the one year old.
I speak to my neighbor coming and going.  She asks if I need anything when she goes to the store and  I ask if she needs anything when I place a grocery order.
I spent one whole 8 hour day on the phone with a Microsoft suppport person. fixing my computer after an up date wiped out everything in Microsoft Windows. She was very nice and very patient and even did not put me on hold but the left the line open when I asked not to have to listen to the music. Everything was back and working; although it took a few more hours after her day was finished for the repair to download and finish. She called me back the next day to make sure everything was working again. Any other time I would have been frustrated with it all but it gave me something purposeful to do.

 I am really surprised that I am so busy all the time that I have little time for sewing. I am not doing any more laundry or cleaning or cooking than I used to. We don't go to the park to walk because the buildings aren't open. Until recently, the weather hasn't been nice enough for Jack to sit outside on a bench while I walk. If it is nice we try to get out for a drive to see the trees leafing out and flowers blooming. I really don't enjoy driving but Jack needs to get out  even more than I do. I am thankful that I have been able to drive again.
I  am reading more than I use to, although I have always been and avid reader. I am really thankful for my Kindle. I know I spend more time on the computer, I spend more time placing orders than I did shopping in the store. Navigating the grocery store website is frustrating; It seems to change every few days. When I get frustrated with everything I tend to play solitaire and do jigsaw puzzles and crossword puzzles online. I guess that beats crumbling at Jack about all the little picky things that don't matter. I should have more time to post on the blog but when I don't have anything  to write about I don't bother.

 We are fortunate that our church services have been available online for a few years and they have even stepped up some other things online as well during these times.

I don't see much change for us in the near future we are not ready to go out around a crowd of people. I will continue making masks but since I am caught up with requests I will make a few at a time alternating with making blocks. I may even finish the F9P quilt.

2 comments:

Lynn Dykstra said...

I love the oranges you are putting into this--they glow!

Dolly said...

I'm glad that you did take the time to post again, though. Do what works for you right now.

We are blessed that our county only had 2 cases at the very beginning, and none since. Therefore things are getting back to an easier time again. Our main church service has resumed, but the online service remains as before this mess. So everyone is served.

Be safe and keep positive ! We're all still out here sharing it all with you !