Friday, April 3, 2020

A Few Blocks

I finished the blocks I had stacked up on paper plates and put them up on the wall with the blocks that were left over from the first Framed 9 patch.
The 8 blocks on the left are the left overs. They will stay left over again as they are too dark for the way I want the next quilt to look. The second block down in the middle row is the one I found with the leftovers that needed only one strip and I thought I would use it but after looking at it on the wall for a while I decided it should stay with the left overs.









I exchanged it for the bottom lock in the second row from the left and I like this line up better.




















I am setting everything aside for now and getting ready to make masks. I gave my daughter a lot of fabric and supplies to make masks but I wasn't going to make them myself.  I didn't have elastic and anything for the bendable strip for the nose.  I wasn't so sure that homemade masks were really going to be used.  I have changed my mind and believe that it really is a worthwhile undertaking. I have been looking at patterns and instructions online and I see that I have what I need and I believe I know people who will use them.

I am not watching the all day news, just 6 and 11 o'clock.  In general I have an optimistic outlook and depression has never been a problem but I am realistic.  It certainly is a sobering thought that there are people I may never see again. I believe that all of us will lose someone that we know, someone dear to us or someone part of a large circle of more distant friends, maybe someone we don't know but see in passing and notice something about them and they become familiar to us.  I am not dwelling on the negative but looking for the joy in each socially distant encounter, each phone conversation and each text message  or email.  I am praying for my family and friends and the people I see out walking their dogs or riding their bikes.  I thank God for all the first responders and the health care  workers, for the many people behind the scenes that contribute to the fight again this virus to keep things working and I pray for their safety.











1 comment:

Dolly said...

I am hoping to make this framed 9-patch soon myself. Your previous one is kept in my 'inspiration folder', and calls out to me often. It's just alive with beauty !

I thought it would be relatively simple to make my own, but I've recently seen one on another blog, and it had NOWHERE NEAR the vibrancy of yours ! So, I'll be a bit more careful with my fabric selection when I get around to trying my own, I hope.