Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Almost There

  I still have things to move out of my sewing room but at least they are sorted and ready to go. Whatever I am keeping is sorted and ready to use. I do not have things all back in order but I did set up my sewing machine and I did some mending. I really hate mending, especially when it involves taking out seams. However, it was the first thing I did when I got my machine set up and it is good to have it out of the way.

Although thing are not back in order, I have cleared a space that is orderly enough to work. I made 2 blocks for an Underground Railroad quilt that our church group is making. They were pretty fast and easy to make. When I work with triangles I usually press the seams open but I followed the instructions and pressed to the dark and I have lumpy intersections and grumbled a lot.

These colors are pretty  true, maybe a little darker in the photo.  Not the colors I usually choose to use but they are true to the era the quilt represents.












I have 2 other blocks to make from the same fabric pool but a different block. After I finish them I hope I can complete the job of putting my room in order. I am looking forward to using some of the things that I had forgotten. I have a few things I was all fired up about but life got in the way and they were put out of sight and out of mind.

Life is still getting in the way but I need to find the time for the joy of creativity and accomplishment.

That's what keeps the cranky pants in the closet. 

1 comment:

Annie said...

You go girl!!! I’m glad you’ve gotten far enough in your sorting and organizing to have a little break and do some playing. I would have needed to get the mending out of the way too. I also hate that kind of sewing. Now you’ve learned to go with your open seams technique. I usually press them to one side but they don’t always layout and butt together and then I need to repress a seam to the other side. Why didn’t I think of pressing them open also?! I sure will give it a try on my next triangle project. We all understand the part about life getting in the way for sure.