Monday, August 16, 2021

Stalled

 It seems as though I have been working at purging and organizing for months and making no progress with organizing. July came and went and nothing to post about.  In an effort to make my sewing space more cheerful (an area I don't want to avoid) I hung some of my older pieces on the design wall.


This is Summertime in the Land of OZ. It is from a class with Lorraine Torrence . It looks a little dull here but is really light and bright.





This is spider web from a pattern on Bonnie Hunters blog. this were made years apart but my color choices were  pretty much the same.


This is a wall hanging I made for our bathroom before our last move and it now resides in my sewing room closet along with the three banners below, which hung beside and between the mirrors above the countertop with 2 sinks.












I had finally resorted to drastic measures and took my sewing machine out of the sewing table and folded up the table and put it away. I kept coming across things that distracted me. Instead of sorting to give away I found myself putting together little packs of things that looked good together to make something. I even sewed some blocks together and quilted a couple of things for which I have no use and don't know anyone else who would want them. That is when I put the machine away and rearranged furniture to make a  sorting area that is not conducive to any sort of work involved with sewing. I think I have finally tackled every box, drawer, basket, bin or stack of trays. I gave some things away and have some boxes ready to go, SOMEWHERE.  I am not ready yet to get my room back to sewing/quilting mode. When I moved a chest from my bedroom to newly freed up space in my sewing room closet I found a drawer of old paperwork that needed to be shredded and disposed of and then 2 drawers of the same in Jack's dresser. He has always kept things very organized but paperwork going pack to 1980 is just over the top too much. Four very large bags of shredded paper later, there are three drawers freed up but I am still stalled.

So...... here I am with boxes and bags finally ready to move out but not yet gone. I'm feeling ready to sew again but my room needs to be put back in order and my machine put back in the table. I am going to get help to move everything again.  After moving everything around to make a better working area I was exhausted and aching.   I hope I will be back to "normal?" soon.  We'll see!

                                                                                                                  


3 comments:

Dee W said...

I can so identify with this! I too am trying to rearrange. Tough job, memories keep getting in my way. My son came yesterday, fixed a shelf I want to use up there, brought it up to the living room maybe it will get me moving again.

Annie said...

I’m so glad to read that you’ve gotten through all the sorting out. I think I would have had to do the same ... remove the sewing machine from the equation in order to not get sidetracked. That happens so easily. When you get all organized again and ready to sew I’ll be you’ll feel really free of stress and enjoy sewing so much more. I know that’s how I have felt since finishing up all my UFOs. Congrats on a big project completion!

Lori said...

Hi Ruth. I'm confident you will find your mojo again soon. I was away with the Divas this weekend. We miss you and we were telling old stories of the fun we have when we are together. ❤