Friday, November 25, 2022

Change of Plans

 I never finished the little drawstring bag. I started having problems with my Bernina and it finally just quit. I think it is the cord and I need to borrow a cord to test if that is the problem. I have not had time to do anything about it yet. Taking it in for service is not a short trip and I would not drive it myself. 

The drag around quilt was delivered and here's Jack with his quilt.

We had a video phone call yesterday and we could see that Jack is starting to stand up. Before long I expect he will be able to drag his his quilt around.

I remember when his dad was a toddler and he had a drag around quilt. When we were at their house one day his mom called it Grandma's quilt. He started to cry because he thought I was there to take it back.







2 comments:

Annie said...

Aww, Ruthie, Jack with his quilt is so cute! I can visualize him driving cars around on those colorful roads you created on the quilt…a secondary purpose of the quilt. What fun quilt memories you have. Old ones, and new ones now. I do hope your Bernina woes are a simple fix. I just bought a new Bernina because my other one is 30 years old and I figure it might decide to play troublesome with me and I didn’t want to be without a machine. So far all is well though.

Kim said...

Your quilt looks great; I love the "drag around" name. I hope your machine is an easy diagnosis or quick fix. I just cut 5" squares and organized 36 different fabrics for an I Spy quilt. I'm going to use them as leader and enders project.