Wednesday, February 16, 2011


This is what I spent my day doing.
I decided that this will be a great bathroom quilt. I won't have to decide on any one color for towels I can have all the colors I want.
I planned to make a 3 part border with the center strip pieced with 2 inch squares alternating bright and cream fabrics; the other 2 border strips would be 2 inches wide also. After I got the first strips on 2 sides I thought it was looking rather large and I measured the wall from the ceiling to the top of the tile and it was 45 inches. I was already at 44 with 8 more inches to add. I had already made the pieced borders. I trimmed the borders that were already on the quilt to finish at 3/4 of an inch and I did the same with the other borders. Well..... it fits the wall.  I'm not sure I like it but I am going to leave it. I am going to bind it with the Kaffe fan fabric that is on the left of that corner block because it has a lot of colors in it. I could have save myself a lot of trouble it I had taken the time to hold the quilt up against the wall just once.

Jack's comment about the will  be a lot easier to hang than wallpaper.

No comments: