Friday, February 18, 2011

Liberated Blocks

I have been playing with blocks from "Collaborative Quilts" by Gwen Marston and Freddie Moran. I got them out today to look at them because our group has been thinking of making a collaborative quilt. This is a sampling of what I have.  I think  we are going to start out with 6 inch blocks and then take it from there. Some of my blocks here are 6 inches and  some are not but when I made them I was just having fun and not aiming for a particular size.
For some reason I have several boxes of bright fabrics,some are scraps and  some are larger pieces. There doesn't seem to be any reason why they are not all  together except maybe I sorted some of them out for what I was working on at the time and there they stayed. Maybe I can get this down to 2 boxes and gain some shelf space. then again maybe I should chuck the organization and "just do it".

I am currently quilting my bathroom quilt and I am thinking I could play with some of these in
the 6 inch size when I get bored with the quilting

Our group at church is  going to be doing a block of the month which will be more precise piecing and I am looking forward to that too but I really have more fun with the more relaxed wonky piecing.

More about this another time.

No comments: