Monday, February 28, 2011

Houses

Our Saturday group is meeting this week and we have decided  to work on a collaborative quilt. This may be something we do kind of in the background for a  while or maybe we will get excited  about it and  put it together quickly. We go with the flow. We are  all making 6 inch blocks using bright colors. The inspiration is the collaborative quilt books by Freddie Moran and Gwen Marston. Those are the only guidelines. It will  be fun to see where we go with  this. 
I made these 6 blocks today. It is not easy for me to do improvisational piecing. I am always cutting things too small.  Sometimes I get carried away with cute and  cuteness gets in the way of what I really want to do. The houses I like best are the  bottom left and center houses, nice and simple.  Just in case you wonder where the chimney's are, most of these are all electric  houses with Geothermal heating so there is no need for a chimney. The one in the center on top is a  beach cabana which doesn't need to be heated.

I spent my day doing this and I was reminded tonight that tomorrow is our Friendship block swap group and  I do not have my blocks made. I am not sure I will get them finished. My ears have been loudly ringing for the past half hour and that is usually the  first sign of vertigo. I took a pill and since it is bedtime  (for normal people anyway not usually for me ) if I go to bed now maybe I will  be OK in the morning.

No comments: