Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I had big plans to make a big bunch of these mug mats but these are the only 3 I finished. I sent them to 3 of my friends. well I did finish the Home is Where the Heart is quilt and I hung it in my bathroom.




Yesterday as we were sitting down to dinner I looked out the window to this magnificent sunset. This is a picture of what I see above the buildings across the street. I took this from out living room window. I played with adjusting the color but this doesn't really show how red and gold it actually looked. That purple (which is very nice) was  not what I was seeing in real life. This was around 6 PM, the days really are getting longer and that sure cheers me up.

Last spring I was inspired to make these blocks that were on Bumble beans  15 minutes of play. I put them up on my wall over a week ago and have been looking at them all that time. This morning I started sewing them together. The photo on the left is half of the blocks sewed together in a square.  Above  is the rest of what I have sewed so far. I am thinking that I would like to make a quilt to hang on my WHITE bathroom wall (there is also WHITE tile in the bathroom).

 I have enough blocks to add to the 9 block  square and the 5 block strip and put it all together to  do this on the right. Bigger would cover more white. I thought I would make one bigger quilt with all the blocks but I want to keep at least part of these blocks for something for me and I do not need a bigger quilt. I am leaning toward the 5 x 5 square with a pieced border.............we'll see. 


No comments: