Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July
I always bring out all my red white and blue quilts and wall hangings Memorial Day and leave them up till Labor Day because all the summer holidays are patriotic. I have a small shelf just opposite my front door  and this is what I have there this year. I made the angels years ago when I used to make cloth dolls; I copied the wings and arms from a Country Threads pattern and made up the body so they would stand instead of hang by their arms. The original pattern was "Oh Suzanna" and had long dangly legs with knots  for feet. My friend gave me a piece fabric that was  just flags printed all over it and I hand quilted it. I bought the shelf at a craft show at about the same time (when "country" was in)  and it has always filled a blank space just inside our front door wherever we live.

I had planned on making one more wall hanging for the living room but this on my design board is as far as I got. I was going to fuse some stars from the border fabric that I have (somewhere) but I got sidetracked with Quilt Camp.

You can see my pictures from 2010 here or go to June 2010 on the sidebar and look for the red, white and blue quilts. Today Blogger will only allow me one link. some of my quilts I gave away
Some of those quilts I have given away and that is the reason I am making one more. 

No comments: