Monday, July 15, 2019

Five More


These are the 5 blocks I sewed this morning.

The solid fabric in the green block is really much more purple or fuchsia than it shows here.
I had only enough of the 2 for one block each of the 2 print fabrics on the top right. Of course they are now my 2 favorite blocks. I think I like the combination of the light blue green with the light floral print better than the other 2 solids (pink and green)  I used with that print.

I am probably never going to really like the small scale brown print no matter what solid color I pair it with. It doesn't look terrible among all the other blocks because it doesn't call attention to itself so it will stay.
The purple fabric, along with 2 other purple monochromatic fabrics were left over from juvenile quilts. They were just right for the juvenile quilts but I am not enchanted with the  combinations or purple with pink and yellow, they will also stay.

Maybe I am getting a little too critical of each block. I like the way they are all looking up on my wall.  I am looking forward to getting the blocks finished and putting it all together. At the rate I'm going it will not be this week.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Five blocks this morning . . . that's very good. Can't wait to see your finished project and at the rate that you are going, it won't be long. Have a sweet day and happy sewing :)