Thursday, July 4, 2019

Another Possibility

I have been cutting a few more strips of print fabric and pairing them up with solid strips. Now that I have made a number of blocks I am getting into a routine. I want to get sets of prints and solids paired up so that all I need to do is sew and press.
Getting things ready to just sew seems to me like good progress, even though I have only made these 3 sets in the last few days




This morning I got another idea for the pattern and solid blocks from Mary Huey's blog,  Quilting through Rose Colored Trifocals



This is what I worked out in EQ7.  In Mary's pattern this would have been made by combining the 9 patch blocks  with another block but this is the look that would be achieved.  The quilt would go together faster because there are also solid background squares. Check out Mary's pattern here. You can purchase the pattern on her Etsy shop and it is a bargain.
Sh is a good teacher and has great ideas for simplifying the piecing.

This may be my next solids and prints project. After all, I am still in love with the 9 patch block and I still have a huge amount of leftovers and scraps..


No comments: