Saturday, June 29, 2019

Two More Sets of Blocks.

I was able to sew 2 more sets of Framed 9 Patch blocks. They both sewed up without problems. These are really easy blocks but some of the previous blocks gave me some small problems, all user error. There are always some mishaps that happen when I haven't done much sewing for a while. It is really because I don't pay enough attention to precision. 


A long time ago I realized that what frustrated me the most was when everything did not fit together without "fudging".  I identified the habits that led to imprecise cutting and I pursued the precise quarter inch until I had it down pat. I make it a habit to check my seam allowances after each step instead of waiting until the block is finished.  I like knowing that all my blocks are "right on" when it is time to sew them together. It just  makes things so much more enjoyable.

However, some days for one reason or another my skills are not up to par and I spend more time fixing that I consider fun.
Today was not one of those days.😊 

No comments: