Thursday, June 6, 2019

Inspiration or Obsession

Yesterday while visiting  Wanda (Exuberant Color) on my usual morning list of blogs, I was led to Lynn Dykstra's  blog, klein keisje quilts.  Oh my goodness; I am enchanted by her use of solids with prints.  My sewing room is in total chaos with piles of scraps to be cut and organized and piles of squares and strips that I had cut and sorted.  In the midst of all that, I cleared a space to work and put together 3 - 7 1/2 inch  blocks. I think I have a new obsession.















I started out thinking I had to pull multicolored prints and these were close at hand. When I took another look at Wanda's blocks I saw that I could use monochromatic or 2 color prints. That will give me a lot more choices.

I started with the Framed Nine Patch blocks because I have had a love affair with nine patches since I learned strip piecing but there are so many more blocks to explore. I like simple traditional blocks and I am addicted to scrappy quilts so who knows where this will take me.

If you visit Lynn's blog you will find "solids on prints" on her labels list.  Be prepared to spend some time as there is so much to see.




1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I cut some more fabric today for both the framed 9 patch and Zip! I have always loved 9 patches too and there are so many ways to set them that make interesting quilts.