Thursday, June 20, 2019

Three More Blocks

I sewed 3  Framed 9 Patch blocks even though I am still cutting for them. I just want to sew and see how they look. So far I have completed 13 blocks and I realized that I need to see them all together in order to make color choices for the solid fabrics.

These are the 3 blocks I sewed today. I think from now on I will  use different solid colors for each block when I make 2 or more of the same print.

These are the 13 blocks I've completed.


Wow! Lots of green prints so far.  I consider green a neutral and I apparently like it but I am not aiming for a predominantly green (or blue) quilt, I see a lot of blue too. I have a lot of both in my scrap and leftover bins. However, it is early in the process and now that I have this up on the wall I will be  better able to make those visual decisions.

I am also noticing that the smaller scale prints look better, for the most part, that the medium scale prints,  I know that for overall interest I need to use different scale prints in my fabric choices so I will not be eliminating the blocks that look a little chunky.  I am, after all, working mostly from my scrap supply and my objective is to pare it down to something manageable.

 I am having fun doing it

No comments: