I found some sizable left overs from these 2 fabrics and decided first to fussy cut the green.
I had 4 fabric sections of the blue cut 3 stripes wide in lengths that must have been for borders. I don't remember what I cut it for or why I didn't use them. I had enough to cut up any way I might need. The stripes were not quite 2 inches wide so I cut about an eighth of an inch into the opposite shade stripe.
This time I was happy with the results.
I believe the reason the fussy cutting worked better for the blue is the scale of the pattern in relation to the size of the block. The block will be 7 1/2 inches in the quilt and the roses fill a 1 1/2 inch patch I think the fussy cut green looks kind of clunky.
I will probably use them all because I think overall when everything is put together in the overall look it will be the solid fabrics that draws the viewers eye.